Saturday, February 11, 2012

getting ready for Granny

Pin It Many of you saw this quilt, and the subsequent craziness it has created...

As soon as I saw it though, I knew it was the quilt for me.

getting ready for Granny

So I'm getting ready.

I'm just cutting and cutting.  I think I'll end up with a couple extra kits I might sell when I'm done.

Since my most recent quilts have been made from one collection, I am thoroughly enjoying this mix.  And hoping to get at least one block done tonight.

Jolene (the instigator of this craze) posted a tutorial on how she made her blocks.  I'm going to mostly follow it, with a couple changes.   Because I can't stand trimming blocks once I'm done, I plan to use setting triangles.  This is the link I use for calculating mine...

But this cutting is taking me forever...

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Pretty, pretty! So happy to see you sewing again!

Jennifer said...

i loved this when i first saw it. it's really surprising how many people have already gotten their own granny squares projects far underway or finished. zealots!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Love the happy colors and the Granny square quilt. Can't wait to see yours. So bright and cheery. I might have to think of doing one in those colors.

Angela said...

I'm totally getting the granny bug myself. I adore the way she did the directions...just my style...and I have soooo many scraps that are begging for this. But I can't start another project until I get more UFOs finished! I will be strong!

jabeybaby said...

I love this quilt also and have it pinned for a later day! Can't wait to see yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails