Friday, February 11, 2011

good day...sunshine...

Pin It Please don't hate me because I live in Northern California...

While so many of you are still buried in snow :( -- we've had six dry weeks, with many of those days feeling very Spring-like.

Today we're spending some time with friends, before the much-needed and appreciated rain (you forget I'm a farmer's daughter and now a farmer's wife) comes next week.

Yesterday, another gorgeous day, Steiger wanted to play outside.  I had a bunch of fabric that needed organizing, so I pulled my totes and piles outside, and sorted the pieces that needed to be put away.

sorting outside

I think this pile of grays was my favorite of the bunch.

some more pretty grays

While we were outside, the mailman came... bringing with him this lovely pile... destined to become a quilt for the baby of the friend we're visiting today.

for a friend's baby

I got started on a design right away.

friend's baby quilt WIP
(inspired from a quilt in Material Obsession)

Now I have two baby quilts to finish up this coming week!  The baby shower for my friend is next weekend, and my sister-in-law said it sounds like niece #2 will be a couple weeks early!

*eeps!*

18 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a great way to enjoy the sunshine. Love the fabric for your new baby quilt.

Sara said...

All that fabric out there, I thought you were having a yard sale---I doubted that though-LOL! Glad you enjoyed the sunshine--send some my way pleeeeeasssse!!!

Sarah-Irene said...

Gorgeous! I wish it were spring here! Love the fabrics, especially the one for baby!

Melissa Corry said...

Oh, so nice to be outside in the beautiful sun. I miss it. Soak up some Vitamin D for me :)

Jewel said...

Tracey... I didn't know you were in CA I live in San Jose... where are you? BTW The baby boy quilt is stalled I was breaking thread every 4 inches when I was quilting so I had to order more and I am waiting for it to come. But it is coming.

Mandy said...

I love your fabrics! I recently made a baby quilt with fabrics from that same line. They're so pretty!

Taya@TypeB said...

i love that Leanika line! I just put three of those fabrics in embroidery hoops and hung them on the wall - including the birds in the birdcage :)
Not too much sun here in Madison, WI. It's 4 degrees :)

Poppyprint said...

I think that pile of grey is my fav, too! I need more grey. Your new baby quilt design will be very sweet, indeed. Enjoy your rain....please tell the sun we need her here.

Jenn said...

Glad you are enjoying the sun. I feel bad for all those people buried in snow... it's fun to visit, but I don't want to live in it. We've been getting lots of sun too- it's supposed to be 78 this weekend.

Angela said...

what a fun way to organize your fabric! Good for you! I just sit in front of my tv! lol

AllieKatMom said...

My baby quilt list is growing too! hehe

Katie B said...

Nice. I'm not sure there's anything better than being out in the sunshine sorting fabric!

Funky's Mama said...

* waves to the other Northern CA-ans! *

Regina said...

Say hello to the sun for me. Sounds like a great day!

Cathy said...

NICE! Love the birdie fabric and the quilt design is snazzy!

Pinky said...

I do love the look of piles of fabrics stacked up! I am actually really looking forward to re-organising my stash after I've moved house... but first I have to move :(

Angela {fussycut} said...

yes, I am jealous! even though we had a few days of 40's and 50's and melting, I still can barely see any of the grass in my yard. :)

Glad to have come across your blog!

Vintage and Vogue said...

Hi Tracey,
I just found your blog and think we may be long-lost sisters! Love, love, love the fabrics I see in this post! I am working on a gray quilt and have most of the fabrics in your "this pile of grays is my favorite photo"! Would you please tell me what fabric the one that is second from the bottom in the pile is? I think I NEED it to add to my quilt! The one that looks like it has a white back ground with black and gray flowers?
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and for taking the time to share your quilts, fabric, and life with us all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails