Tuesday, January 11, 2011

quilting along... until...

Pin It So... apparently, getting four finishes in four weeks was kind of addicting, and yesterday, I felt the need for another finish.

Thusly, I pulled out this oldie but goodie...

DSC_0283

...made some backing, and got her basted last night.

Though I had been paralyzed for many months on how to proceed with this particular quilt...
( due to:
a) a total dislike of sewing sashing/borders (there were thin borders that needed to be added to the perimeter
b) a dislike of piecing backings -- and
c) a lack of decisiveness on how in the heck I was going to quilt it )

... I zipped on the borders, found an almost 2 yard piece for backing that I didn't mind adding to, and decided to go with straight(ish) vertical lines.

quilting along

The plan was to finish during Steiger's nap-time today. 

But shoot...

my walking foot is kinda loud...

and I don't want to wake the baby...

and I do have this great fabric pile I just pulled out...

and even though my queen bee turn isn't until March, I'd better make sure I have a plan... (you know, in case I need more fabric...

The siren won again.

just playing around

This is by no means a final lay-out (still way more cutting to do)... but it was kind of fun.  I think my bee girls will be making this block from Material Obsession 2.

19 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, that bee block is fantastic!!! Awesome job, Tracey :)

Poppyprint said...

Way to go on the quilt! It's looking lovely.

You better send me that bee fabric soon, I'm gonna need a few months to wrap my brain around that block, girl! You sure can pick 'em. Oh wait, I have the book....maybe I'll do a practice, but not until you decide for sure, for SURE.

Katie B said...

I love the straight lines on that quilt! Perfect.

Excited about that block....

Gigi's Thimble said...

Wow! Very cool bee block and I love your French General quilt. Good job for getting it [almost] done. I'm so impressed!!!

Patty said...

I love your quilt, that is some of my favorite fabric. Mine is still on the shelf waiting for me to decide what pattern to make.

Angela Nash said...

I love that block! Very cool. And great job getting that quilt near the finish!

QuiltNut Creations said...

the quilt is lovely! congrats on another finish!

Melanie said...

I love the French General Quilt! I have a stack o' French General I want to do something with, but can't decide...as usual.

Angie said...

you are on a finishing spree! You are definitely getting the UFO's finished :) I like your quilt!!

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

You go gurl!
Love, love, love the French General.

Meghan said...

Oh wow I love the block I am going to practice a lot with my own fabric first I can tell!
You are flying through some quilts, I am very impressed a momma and a super fast quilter!

Becky said...

I really really love the colors of the red quilt.

Becky said...

PS...I would so love to try this pattern. Where could I purchase it or find it

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Becky -- it's the "Modern Rose Garden" by Emily Cier at Carolina Patchwork. The bee block is in Material Obsession 2. :)

And thanks everyone!

AllieKatMom said...

Oh no! LOL that block looks scary!

Teresa said...

I love the French General quilt. Can't wait to see it all finished. I'm also glad to see that someone else really dislikes sewing borders and sashing. For some reason it seems so time consuming to me.

Diane said...

The straight line quilting is perfect for this quilt!

Michele said...

Beautiful! The straight line quilting is a great choice for that quilt :) Congratulations on so many finishes!

Peris said...

what do you use the blue tape ont he quilt top for?I love the Bee fabric....very french country-ish...love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails