Friday, February 6, 2009

29 weeks...and thank goodness for the FFN test

Pin It Getting bigger, but not big enough. ;)

Yesterday, I spent a few hours in the Labor & Delivery unit at our hospital. I have a lot of contractions normally, but yesterday was especially active. My doc wants no more than 6 in an hour at this point; I was having 15 or more an hour for 3 straight hours... they were every 2-5 minutes from when I started timing them at 8:00 am until they unhooked me at 2:00 something.

At the hospital, they checked my cervix (still tight and closed), and gave me what is called a fetal fibronectin test. If it comes back negative, the chances of going in to labor are around 1% in the next 2 weeks; positive -- well, I would be on bed-rest and off work. :P I'm not quite ready for that, so I was grateful for the negative. Now, I just have to go in if the cx's change (i.e. become painful or have something else unusual with them).

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Hi Tracey,

My name is Kirsten, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin test. I must say I’ve read your blog and loved it. I wanted to touch base with you to see if you might be interested in linking to the FullTerm website (www.fullterm.net)?

Additionally, if you're interested in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the FullTerm Test, please contact me by emailing fullterm@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets. In the last few months we've secured stories in Working Mother magazine, the FitPregnancy Blog and the Boston Parent's Paper Most recently we secured the following article on the popular pregnancy and parenting website iParenting.com: http://tinyurl.com/cuwwqw.

We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Kirsten
fullterm@schwartz-pr.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails